We are Recruiting
Posted 08 Nov 2016
Trainee Care and Support Manager / Care Support Supervisor
Job Title: Care and Support Manager
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire
Salary: £19,000 to £23,000 pro rata
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
The company is a domiciliary care business providing community care for the elderly and physically disabled in North East Hampshire. They were formed in 2010 and have become a respected provider in North East Hampshire. They are a family owned business and always go that extra mile for their clients and make a difference to their lives.
- Ensuring the safety and well being of their clients.
- Your main responsibility is to ensure that the day to day running of the company is completed smoothly.
- Overall responsibility for the management team in the office, Care managers, FCS Field care supervisors and working alongside the HR manager and Training Manager.
- Working closely with the current Registered Manager to ensure the smooth running of the company.
- The ability to take a lead role in the running of the company in the absence of the senior managers/Directors.
- Ensuring the company has sufficient staff to cover the care needs of the clients. Working with the HR Manager to ensure continued recruitment.
- Ensuring the company meets CQC requirements on a daily basis.
- Ensuring quality monitoring procedures are in place to meet CQC requirements.
- Ensuring you are able to take a competent role in any safeguarding concerns. Training will be arranged for this.
- Competent understanding of CQC requirements and the regulations. Knowledge of when various regulations are breached and able to liaise with CQC with relevant paperwork.
- Good organisation skills with meticulous eye to detail for storing all relevant documentation and paperwork.
- Completing staff appraisals, supervisions.
- Organising office staff to ensure direct observations and spot checks is kept up to date.
- Working with other office staff to ensure CQC requirements are met. Delegating some of your duties where appropriate.
- NVQ level 3 or an equivalent qualification. Will need to work towards QCF/NVQ level 5.
- Competent computer skills in Word and Excel.
- Good all-round communication skills.
- Previous knowledge or experience of scheduling.
- Legible handwriting.
- Good organisation skills with meticulous eye to detail.
- Previous care experience as either a senior care worker/supervisor or in scheduling.
Community Care Assistant / Support Worker / Carer
Job Title: Community Support Worker
Location: Farnborough and Camberley, Surrey
Salary: £7.50 – £9.75 (Dependent on level of experience)
The company is a family owned company with a friendly team working for them, and a strong, supportive management team. Their directors and managers are highly motivated towards maintaining relations, so they invest time to ensure they know the clients they care for and the staff who care for them. They are a company who believe the individual comes first and working together as a team leads to success.
The company has a strong ethos of person-centered care and as dignity champions; they believe strongly in enhancing lives and striving for excellence.
The company provides all training, with yearly updates and fund training development to provide career progression support. They are keen to invest in promoting their staff from within and seek to support staff to achieve their goals. Respect is a key element of the company to ensure each and every individual feels valued.
The company maintains a strong ethos of person-centered care, which means the individual should always be at the center of the care provided. As a support worker for the company, they expect you to respect the needs and wishes of individual Service Users and to promote independence at all times when assisting with all aspects of daily living.
In accordance with CQC regulations, clients should be provided choice and given, where possible, the opportunity and means to retain their independence. Therefore, the work requires you to be respectful and courteous of others, capable of working with others and thus good communication skills are vital.
It is important to maintain a friendly, welcoming, cheerful and helpful disposition when engaging with clients so as to ensure an atmosphere that puts people at ease.
- To assist/enable Service Users with personal care – washing, bathing, personal hygiene, dressing, toileting and continence care.
- To assist/enable Service Users with meal preparation.
- To assist Service Users with light domestics associated with the previous responsibilities, such as washing up, bed making and laundry.
- To assist/enable Service Users to comply with their prescribed medication and to maintain records as required.
- Must be willing to work towards Common Induction Standards and Care Skills Certificate.
- Understanding of care provision, in either paid/voluntary capacity (this can include care for friends’/family members).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Flexible and able to contribute to a team approach
- Kind and Friendly
- Ability to display empathy and warmth.
- Self-motivated with a commitment to complete all tasks
- Presentable and professional at all times
- Valid Driving licence
- Able to use initiative and work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to cope with change.